Project Description

Ref: GAT2075

Gator Business Sales is delighted to be working with the owner of this profitable photo booth franchise which covers Kent and London.

The brand is regarded as one of the premier event photo booth hire companies in the UK.

The Kent & London franchise is well established and undertook in excess of 90 bookings in 2019. Of particular note to potential purchasers is the number of confirmed bookings transferring with the sale, which are currently 62 for 2020 and 18 for 2021, and have a combined value of approx. £42,000. This is subject to change as events are undertaken and new bookings made on a regular basis.

Weddings account for the majority of bookings, with Fridays and Saturdays in the main wedding season being particularly popular and busy. Booths are usually booked for 4-4½ hours and the average charge to a client is £500. Whilst most weddings will have a professional photographer in attendance for the formal pictures, photo booths continue to gain popularity as they capture family and friends in a more relaxed setting, and keep both adults and children entertained throughout the reception. Guests are free to visit the booth as often as they like, and each print is personalised with details of the day ensuring a unique memento, with a copy to the guest and a copy for the bride and groom in their memory book.

Customers reviews say they particularly like the stylish photo booths, quality of the prints, trained staff, fully inclusive packages (no hidden extras), ease of communication prior to and post the event, flexible payment terms……everyone seems to like the fact that they get to keep the fun props provided!

Growth-minded purchasers will no doubt look towards expanding the business into other events, such as Christmas parties, birthdays, training courses, product launches etc.

Approx. 70% of bookings are generated by the franchisee, with the remaining 30% coming via head office. The Kent & London franchise does have its own web page and is very active on Facebook. A state-of-the-art customer relationship management (CRM) system ensures seamless communication between head office, the franchisee and the client.

Technical support is always available from head office as well as from other franchisees, and a comprehensive training and induction program will be available to the new franchisee ahead of purchase.

Two photo booths are included with the sale, both incorporating a high resolution DSLR camera and back-up webcam. Each booth is touchscreen and custom-designed for ease of transportation and assembly. One of the booths utilizes an Acer laptop and the other an HP laptop, and both will obviously transfer with the sale. Both booths have LED lighting with mood changing or flashing modes, and green screen technology, as well as all the photo software necessary to produce custom individual prints. Also included in the sale are two Mitsubishi dye sub printers.

Whilst successful and profitable, the franchise is largely run on a part-time basis due to the vendor’s weekday commitments. The new owner(s) would of course have the option to continue in a similar way, but equally the business could be expanded into a full-time operation and may even be of interest to active retirees.

Property Details: Currently home based in Kent.

Asking Price: £23,000

Trading Hours: Predominantly at weekends during the main wedding season, although the franchise is active year-round.

To enquire about this business, please click button below:

CONTACT US